What about parent-directed learning?
Parents are every child’s first teacher. They are their children’s very first hero and best friend. And we understand that you are your child’s best advocate. That shouldn’t stop at the door of the schoolhouse. It certainly won’t stop at the doors of Grace and Hope Academy.
We value your experience, interests, education, cultural history and heritage. Every parent will have the freedom to make an impact with our students while participating in Parental Volunteer Opportunities. Approved Parental Volunteer Opportunities provide means for students’ parents to fulfill the required annual service commitment. Of course, the most important role a parent can play is to actively participate in your child’s educational experience. However, volunteer opportunities may include:
- extracurricular activities
- planning and designing a field trip
- supervising a project-based learning activity
- planning, creating and implementing an art or movement experience
- planning and contributing cultural diversity and inclusion in the curriculum
- planning and executing a literary experience
- hosting or coordinating in a Parent Ministry event
In addition, parents will be asked to participate in regular, anonymous and brief surveys concerning parent/student experience and curriculum.
Parent and educators working alongside one another to positively impact our students – Priceless.